21. Winter Jewels: Surround yourself with the magic of the season! Escape the cold and experience Winter Jewels at the Butterfly House! Go on a treasure hunt through the Animal Exhibit Hall, discover fairies in the Tropical Conservatory, and make new friends in the Gnome Forest. But be sure to guard your treasure and watch out for battling pirate cockroaches. November 25th – December 31st
22. Ugly Sweater Party: Grab your ugly sweater and head to Ballpark Village as they try to break the current world record for the largest Ugly Christmas Sweater Party which is 3,400 people. While attempting to break the record BPV wants to see how many canned food goods they can donate to Operation Food Search. OFS is the largest distributor of free food in the St. Louis region helping to feed the less fortunate. December 10th
23. Winter Movie Night: Also at Ballpark Village this holiday season, family flicks on the big screen. Catch a free indoor showing of A Christmas Story on December 14th on the 40 foot screen inside Fox Sports Midwest Live. The fun starts at 5PM with movie related activities or photo op with movie starting promptly at 6PM.
24. Decorate Your House: Have holiday decor that would put Clark Griswold to shame? Submit a photo of your decked out home to the Holiday Lights Photo Contest!
25. Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker: The biggest Christmas experience of the year! The original, direct from Russia, Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker! “Knock Out!” Raves the New York Times. Enchant the whole family with larger than life magical props, a 60 foot growing Christmas tree and spectacular Russian-made costumes and sets.
A must-see event, witness the world’s best dancers on stage at the Fabulous Fox Theatre! Get your tickets before they sell out! November 30th
26. Hip Hop Nutcracker: If you’re looking for a different spin on the traditional Nutcracker, check out The Hip Hop Nutcracker at the Fabulous Fox Theatre. It’s a holiday mash-up for the entire family, The Hip Hop Nutcracker, a contemporary re-imagination of Tchaikovsky’s timeless music, sets out on its second national tour following the success of last year’s sold-outinaugural tour across the United States and Russia. December 21st
27. Historic Holiday Noon Concert Series: Visit the Old Courthouse and enjoy the sights and sounds of the holiday season. Enjoy traditional holiday music performed in the rotunda of the historic Old Courthouse. Bring your lunch and enjoy this midweek concert series, December 7th, 14th, 16th & 21st. All National Park Service holiday programs are FREE and open to the public.
28. Holiday Christmas Festival: Historic Downtown Ste. Genevieve invites you to celebrate the holidays in style! Highlights include a Christmas parade, carriage rides, photos with Santa & Mrs. Claus, and more 30 free musical programs performed throughout the historic district during the weekend. Enjoy carolers in the streets and holiday refreshments as you shop for treasures in the charming shops and art galleries throughout downtown. December 3rd & 4th.
29. Live Nativity: Enjoy a cup of hot chocolate as you walk down to see the a live outdoor Nativity at Bethel Pentecostal Church in East Alton, Illinois. Real live animals children can pet and feed, beautiful costumes, creative scenes, professional music all help bring the Christmas story to life. December 2nd-4th
30. 34th Annual Augusta Candlelight Christmas Walk: Get away from the hustle and bustle to the atmosphere of holidays yesteryear with horse-drawn carriage rides, chestnuts roasting on the Town Square bonfire, Christmas Caroling, a town scavenger hunt, glass-blowers, wineries and wood-carvers during the Augusta Candlelight Christmas Walk. December 2nd & 9th.