The AMAs were packed with great performances, a ton of winners, and a bittersweet reunion.
But here are the top 5 moments from last night:
1. Miley Cyrus “Wrecking Ball” – Miley didn’t disappoint, as she found another way to get everyone talking about her performance. She just stood onstage, no twerking, to sing her latest hit, but it’s her duet partner that is getting all the attention. Miley had a giant kitten behind her, lip-synching “Wrecking Ball”, and at one point breaking into tears:
2. Taylor Swift wins Artist of the Year – Not only did Taylor clean up more than any other artist (4 wins), but she won Artist of the Year from the AMAs for the third time, and won Favorite Female Country Artist for the FIFTH year in a row.
3. Katy Perry’s controversial performance – Katy took the stage to perform “Unconditionally” in a full Geisha costume that some called culturally insensitive, and even racist. Judge for yourself:
4. TLC performs “Waterfalls” for the 20th anniversary of the song – Lil Mama joins them to reprise Lisa “Left Eye” Lopez’s part.
5. Lady Gaga and R. Kelly in the Oval Office? – Poorly timed because of the 50th anniversary of JFK’s assasination? See their JFK/Marilyn-inspired performance of “Do What U Want”.