Things To Agree Upon Before Marriage
The Huffington Post published a blog this week entitled, 35 Things To Agree Upon Before Marriage. Here is the list!
1. Does the toilet paper go over or under the roll?
2. Cats? Dogs? Both?
3. Can you eat breakfast for dinner?
4. Cold pizza: yes or no?
5. Is it acceptable to open presents as they arrive or do you have to wait for the actual birthday or holiday?
6. Should the dirty forks and knives go in the dishwasher with the handle sticking out of the utensil tray or down in the utensil tray?
7. Is it acceptable to leave dishes in the sink to “soak” overnight, or do they need to be cleaned before bed?
8. Toothpaste: cap on or cap off?
9. Again on the toothpaste: roll it from the bottom or just squeeze really hard?
10. Are towels a one-time use item or do you use the same towel until laundry day?
11. How about washcloths?
12. Road trip or flying?
13. What’s the right thread count for sheets?
14. What brand of toilet paper?
15. Mayo or Miracle Whip?
16. Pepsi or Coke?
You can read the full list here.
Now. As someone who has never been married, but have lived with people, I agree that there is much importance to the items on this list. However, these aren’t deal breakers, right? I mean, if I am in love with someone’s ideology, character and dreams, I can deal with the fact he leaves the cap off the toothpaste!
What I would love to hear from YOU, what are REAL deal breakers? To some, it could be relationship with family, lack of a desire to have kids, or shady background.
What are your deal breakers? Why have you broken off serious relationships? Maybe not deal breakers, but what are some things to workout before tying the knot to make your new partnership as happy as can be? You can tweet me @stltaylorj.