Forget that ridiculous horoscope stuff. The SCIENTIFIC way to know someone’s personality is through their FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR.
Baskin-Robbins just did a psychological study on it, and here is what they found out.
1. Vanilla. People associate vanilla ice cream with boring people, but the study found the opposite. If vanilla is your favorite, you’re more likely to be impulsive, easily suggestible, and idealistic.
2. Chocolate. This one fits the stereotypes. The chocolate lovers are the naughty folks . . . charming, flirtatious, and seductive. Unfortunately you’re also more gullible.
3. Strawberry. If your favorite flavor is strawberry, you’re more likely to be tolerant, devoted, and introverted. Meaning you’re some kind of monk, I guess.
4. Mint Chocolate Chip. These people tend to be argumentative, but also frugal and cautious. (Which sounds like an AWFUL combination – unlike ice cream, chocolate and mint, which is delicious!)
5. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. These are the entrepreneurs . . . ambitious, competitive and visionary.
6. Pralines and Cream. Bad news for you guys. This group is loving and supportive, and prefers to stay out of the spotlight. So it sounds like your best bet in life is to be a politician’s spouse.
7. Coffee. People who eat coffee ice cream are the ones with a stick up their butts. Scrupulous and conscientious, with a side of moral perfectionism. Sorry, that’s what the study says. You can’t argue with science.
8. Chocolate chip. This is a good favorite flavor to have. These people are generous and competent, and they also tend to be go-getters.
9. Rainbow sherbet. If you’re in this group, you should probably be an economist. Analytic, decisive, and pessimistic.
10. Rocky Road. If you like rocky road, you’re more likely to be aggressive and engaging, but also a good listener. The good news is you’re the life of the party. The bad news is you’re getting stuck with the girl who just got dumped.
Obviously, no one is taking this very seriously. But it actually was a real study. They had adults aged 18 to 65 take a whole bunch of standard personality tests, and they matched up the results to people’s favorite ice cream flavors.