The Things New Moms Miss The Most
I’m sure you can guess what question I get asked all the time now that I am married … when are you having kids? My response – mind your own business! JUST KIDDING! Honestly, Brian and I don’t know, so we don’t know how to answer that question.
It’s ironic because I found an article today about the “Top Ten Things New Mothers Miss the Most”. It probably wasn’t a good idea for me to read it because it just delayed the decision of having kids … by a lot! Check out the list:
- Lying in bed if you’re tired – That is one of my biggest fears if we choose to have kids. I LOVE my sleep and anyone that knows me well knows not to mess with me when I’m sleeping or tired.
- Having a relaxing night at home
- The opportunity to change plans at the last moment
- Having a conversation with a friend without being interrupted – I was just with my girlfriends last night and I think one topic of conversation took an extra 15 minutes because their kids kept interrupting. I know the kids are not trying to be mean, so I have learned that it will happen and I’m fine with it.
- Eating out
- Having an uninterrupted date night
- Going to the movies
- Late nights with friends – I would imagine the hangover is much worse when you have kids
- Going on romantic trips
- Shopping with friends
If you’re a mom, do you agree with the above list? Would you add anything?