Random Baseball Facts
Baseball is back and we are ready to see our Cardinal’s in the World Series again! It always seems that once baseball starts back up, there is an article about random baseball facts. Anything from ticket prices to the amount of hot dogs consumed, someone gathers the facts and delivers it to the public. This year is no different. In honor of baseball being back, I present you with some random facts I found online (CNN, Fan Cost Experience, PR Newswire):
- Over the course of a baseball season, fans will eat approx. 20.4 million hot dogs. The L.A. Dodgers are projected to sell the most, just ahead of the Boston Red Sox, Texas Rangers, Detroit Tigers, and New York Yankees.
- Fans will also eat about 6.1 million sausages.
- The average “Fan Cost Index” for a game is $210.46. That includes four tickets, two beers, four sodas, four hot dogs, parking, two programs, and two hats.
- The average ticket price is $27.73. That’s up 2.7% from last year. The average beer is $6.12 and the average hot dog is $4.14.
- The Boston Red Sox have the highest average ticket price. at $53.38. The New York Yankees are second, and the Chicago Cubs are third.
- The Arizona Diamondbacks have the cheapest average tickets, at $16.89. The San Diego Padres are second, and the Tampa Bay Rays are third cheapest.
- A lot of teams decreased their ticket prices this year. The biggest cuts were the Chicago White Sox, who cut their prices by 10.2% and the Kansas City Royals, who cut theirs by 10.1%.
- The Toronto Blue Jays went the other direction and increased their ticket prices by %29.6. The Los Angeles Angels raised theirs by %23.4.
- The best value on beer per ounce comes from the Los Angeles Angels at 28 cents per ounce. The Arizona Diamondbacks come in second by charging 29 cents an ounce and the Cleveland Indians are third, charging 33 cents per ounce.
The Cardinal’s aren’t on any of the random facts I found online, but I don’t think that’s a bad thing. I think of it as … we are doing everything the right way:)! GO CARDS!