From Phillips & Company
People are already placing their bets as to which new TV show will be the first to go this season. According to the Huffington Post, there are already a few clear contenders:
- CBS’s “Partners” – it had 6.6 million viewers in its debut, which would be good for some networks, but not for CBS.
- ABC’s “The Neighbors” – another show with strong ratings…but are they? They debuted with 9.3 million viewers, but the show also followed “Modern Family” which ran a minute over. Only time will tell if that 9.3 million is a true number, or if Phil Dunphy is giving them a false boost.
- FOX’s “Ben and Kate” – this is one I hope does NOT get cancelled. The pilot was laugh out loud funny, and it was also available to watch online for a few weeks before it aired. It had 4.2 million tune in last Tuesday for the premiere, so hopefully those numbers go up as time goes on.
- NBC’s “Animal Practice” – it debuted during the Olympics to 13 million viewers. But fast forward to it’s regular timeslot debut, where it only had 5.2 million viewers. I can’t believe it even had that many people tune in!
- NBC’s “Guys With Kids” – the Jimmy Fallon-produced show had 6.3 million viewers in its debut, and just 4.8 million two weeks later. Not a good sign.
- FOX’s “The Mob Doctor” – finally, the one show many are saying may be the first to go. It premiered with just over 5 million viewers, and dropped to 3.9 million in its second week. The doctor may need just be D.O.A.
What are your favorite new shows so far this season?