Will Joey be able to defeat Jen in entertainment trivia in this “Olympic Themed Edition” of Schmig Schmackdown? Let’s find out.
Today’s questions and answers:
1) Through the years, many Olympians have been featured on their own Wheaties box. this year the women of the Gold Medal Gymnastics team will be on the box of what cereal?
- (Kellog’s) Corn Flakes (Joey said, “Cheerios”/Jen answered correctly)
2) With America bein in a “Gymnastics Frenzy” let’s not forget about some of our past greats that not only excelled in the sport but also delighted us with their acting abilities. Like this former gymnist who starred alongside Janet Jones in “American Anthem”.
- Mitch Gaylord (Joey said, “Kerrie Strug”/Jen answered correctly)
3) Kardashians are always in our entertaiment news for something, but let’s not forget about poor Bruce Jenner who gets noticed every four years durring the Summer Olympics because of his Gold Medal in what event?
- The Decathalon (Joey said, “Cross Country Running”/Jen answered correctly)
4) When Bob Costas interviewed Misty May-Treanor and Carrie Walsh-Jennings, he suggested casting options if their story ever gets made into a movie. For Misty he thought of Debra Messing and for Carrie he chose this star of the movie “Mask” and HBO’s “Enlightened”.
- Laura Dern (Joey said, “Cameron Diaz”/Jen answered correctly)
5) During the Olympic Medal Ceremony, what movie’s theme is played as all athletes step onto the podium?
- “Chariots of Fire” (Joey said, “Time Is Running Out”/Jen answered correctly)
Jen wins AGAIN! Tune in next Friday at 7:40AM to Phillips & Company for another edition of Schmig Schmackdown.