In a rather odd, fitting, yet sad twist of fate, hit television show Glee had already planned to do an emotional cover of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Dolly Parton[/lastfm]’s song “I Will Always Love You,” made most famous by the recently-passed pop musical icon, [lastfm link_type=””]Whitney Houston[/lastfm], on The Bodyguard soundtrack. It was sung by Amber Riley a/k/a “Mercedes” during Glee‘s Valentine’s Day special, “Heart.”
[pullquote quote=”Whitney had a huge impact on her.”]”It’s a really crazy coincidence,” said Glee‘s music producer Adam Anders to Entertainment Weekly while at the Grammy Awards. “We are shell-shocked.”
“I was talking to Amber last night and she was really in a daze about it. It really flipped her out. She just met her on Thursday. Whitney had a huge impact on her.”
- What did you think of Mercedes’ cover of “I Will Always Love You?” Let us know in the comments!
Latest from y98.com
- Jen’s Weekend in 5 Photos (August 18th-20th)
- Selena Gomez Confirms Marshmello Collaboration
- Fergie Reveals ‘Double Dutchess’ Tracklist
- Solar Eclipse Songs For Your Watch Party!
- Watch Madonna Forget the Words to Her Own ‘B-Day Song’
- James Corden and Lin-Manuel Miranda Perform ‘Hair’ in LA Traffic
- Rachel Platten Debuts New Single ‘Broken Glass’
- Taylor Swift Clears Social Media Accounts, Is New Music Coming?
- Did Peter Kraus Ruin His Chances of Being the Next “Bachelor”?
- Kesha Covers ‘House of the Rising Sun’ on ‘Fallon’