In a rather odd, fitting, yet sad twist of fate, hit television show Glee had already planned to do an emotional cover of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Dolly Parton[/lastfm]’s song “I Will Always Love You,” made most famous by the recently-passed pop musical icon, [lastfm link_type=””]Whitney Houston[/lastfm], on The Bodyguard soundtrack. It was sung by Amber Riley a/k/a “Mercedes” during Glee‘s Valentine’s Day special, “Heart.”
[pullquote quote=”Whitney had a huge impact on her.”]”It’s a really crazy coincidence,” said Glee‘s music producer Adam Anders to Entertainment Weekly while at the Grammy Awards. “We are shell-shocked.”
“I was talking to Amber last night and she was really in a daze about it. It really flipped her out. She just met her on Thursday. Whitney had a huge impact on her.”
- What did you think of Mercedes’ cover of “I Will Always Love You?” Let us know in the comments!
Latest from y98.com
- Who’s Your “Work Martyr?”
- $5 Cardinal Tickets on Sale Now
- Rihanna Dazzles in New ‘Valerian’ Trailer
- SNL’s Live Coast-To-Coast Shows
- Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You” Lands Overzealous Fan in Jail
- Ed Sheeran Reacts to Lookalike Baby
- Prince’s ‘Sign O The Times’ 30 Years Later: A Look Back at His Magnum Opus
- PHOTO: Tom Hanks Calls Out The Tivoli in STL
- Lana Del Rey Teases Collaboration with the Weeknd?
- Justin Timberlake Teases Collab with Pharrell Williams, Timbaland