In a rather odd, fitting, yet sad twist of fate, hit television show Glee had already planned to do an emotional cover of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Dolly Parton[/lastfm]’s song “I Will Always Love You,” made most famous by the recently-passed pop musical icon, [lastfm link_type=””]Whitney Houston[/lastfm], on The Bodyguard soundtrack. It was sung by Amber Riley a/k/a “Mercedes” during Glee‘s Valentine’s Day special, “Heart.”
[pullquote quote=”Whitney had a huge impact on her.”]”It’s a really crazy coincidence,” said Glee‘s music producer Adam Anders to Entertainment Weekly while at the Grammy Awards. “We are shell-shocked.”
“I was talking to Amber last night and she was really in a daze about it. It really flipped her out. She just met her on Thursday. Whitney had a huge impact on her.”
- What did you think of Mercedes’ cover of “I Will Always Love You?” Let us know in the comments!
Latest from y98.com
- Winning Weekend: Listen To Win Pentatonix Tickets
- LL Cool J Talks GRAMMYs, Kendrick Lamar and Rock Hall
- Watch the Trailer for New Cameron Crowe Series ‘Roadies’
- Adele Shares ‘Vogue’ Cover
- VIDEO: Today’s Entertainment Schmig
- Rescue Me: Meet Cocoa, Up For Adoption
- Sia Is Up Next In “Carpool Karaoke”
- Rescue Me: Cupid Is Our Name and Matchmaking Is Our Game
- VIDEO: Gallontines Day with Kevin the Intern!
- Rescue Me: Rescue Me Jamboree Event