In a rather odd, fitting, yet sad twist of fate, hit television show Glee had already planned to do an emotional cover of [lastfm link_type="artist_info"]Dolly Parton[/lastfm]‘s song “I Will Always Love You,” made most famous by the recently-passed pop musical icon, [lastfm link_type=""]Whitney Houston[/lastfm], on The Bodyguard soundtrack. It was sung by Amber Riley a/k/a “Mercedes” during Glee‘s Valentine’s Day special, “Heart.”
[pullquote quote="Whitney had a huge impact on her."]“It’s a really crazy coincidence,” said Glee‘s music producer Adam Anders to Entertainment Weekly while at the Grammy Awards. “We are shell-shocked.”
“I was talking to Amber last night and she was really in a daze about it. It really flipped her out. She just met her on Thursday. Whitney had a huge impact on her.”
- What did you think of Mercedes’ cover of “I Will Always Love You?” Let us know in the comments!
Latest from y98.com
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1 Million To Red Cross To Aid Tornado Victims
- New Music To Know: Pacific Air, Electropop With Just A Touch Of Enya
- Ms. Emeli Sandé Goes To Washington To Honor Carole King
- PHOTO: Nicole Kidman Wears Anne Hathaway’s Abandoned Oscar Dress – to Cannes!
- Conan O’Brien Points Out That Taylor Swift’s ’22′ Isn’t An ‘Accurate Representation’
- Amanda Bynes To Be Arraigned On Drug Charges
- Phillips Phunny: Morgan Freeman Falls Asleep During Interview
- Interview: “3 Geezers!” Star J.K. Simmons
- K-Mart’s Latest Commercial Has Gone Viral
- New Music To Know: Laura Mvula’s Unexpected World Of ‘Orchestral Soul’