In a rather odd, fitting, yet sad twist of fate, hit television show Glee had already planned to do an emotional cover of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Dolly Parton[/lastfm]’s song “I Will Always Love You,” made most famous by the recently-passed pop musical icon, [lastfm link_type=””]Whitney Houston[/lastfm], on The Bodyguard soundtrack. It was sung by Amber Riley a/k/a “Mercedes” during Glee‘s Valentine’s Day special, “Heart.”
[pullquote quote=”Whitney had a huge impact on her.”]”It’s a really crazy coincidence,” said Glee‘s music producer Adam Anders to Entertainment Weekly while at the Grammy Awards. “We are shell-shocked.”
“I was talking to Amber last night and she was really in a daze about it. It really flipped her out. She just met her on Thursday. Whitney had a huge impact on her.”
- What did you think of Mercedes’ cover of “I Will Always Love You?” Let us know in the comments!
Latest from y98.com
- Video: Meet Adoptable Wee-Bay
- Would You Trust Your Dog to Babysit Your Kids?
- Ariana Grande Reps Release Statement on Manchester Concert Bombing
- Katy Perry Explains History of Taylor Swift Beef: ‘Like, She Started It’
- Michael Jackson Estate Condemns Unsanctioned Projects
- Police Arrest Suspect in Ariana Grande Concert Bombing as ISIS Claims Responsibility
- James Corden Pays Tribute to Manchester in Wake of Terror Attack
- Trump Calls Those Behind Ariana Grande Concert Bombing ‘Evil Losers’
- Viral Video: James Corden’s Message To Manchester
- Viral Video: Fake Homeless Woman Exposed