This morning, Superfly Presents and A.C. Entertainment announced the initial lineup for the 2012 Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival.The 11th annual four-day camping and music festival will take place June 7-10 in Manchester, Tennessee on the same 700-acre farm just 60 miles south of Nashville. The list below highlights a few of the confirmed acts for this year’s lineup, and more acts will be announced in the coming weeks. Tickets go on sale this Saturday, February 18, 2012 at noon EST only at bonnaroo.com.
Last year’s 10th anniversary festival featured acts like Lil’ Wayne, Arcade Fire, Eminem, Widespread Panic, The Black Keys, Robert Plant & Band of Joy, and Florence + The Machine to name a few. In order to top 2011′s lineup, organizers have prepared an “electric and striking” lineup so far, and hope to only draw in more astounding acts.
Bonnaroo packs a variety of entertainment options for festival goers in it’s four days. The event offers attendees the amenities and community spirit of a small city, with 24 hours of activities including a comedy theater, cinema festival, broo’ers festival, silent disco, salon, sustainable gardening lessons, arcade, Internet cafés, restaurants, yoga classes and hundreds of high quality food and craft vendors.
A few of the 2012 lineup confirmed acts include:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Beach Boys Featuring Brian Wilson, Mike Love, AJ Jardine, Bruce Johnston, and David Marks
Foster The People
For a full list of confirmed acts for the 2012 festival and more festival information, visit bonnaroo.com.
Latest from y98.com
- Pink Disses Miley Cyrus
- Alternative Metals: Tungsten vs. Cobalt
- Golden Globes Nominees Announced
- Viral Video: High School Basketball Player Makes Amazing Shot
- Viral Video: How To Be A Shopping Mall Santa
- Taye Diggs And Idina Menzel Split
- Tila Tequila’s Facebook Ban
- Austin Mahone Drops Dancetastic Video for ‘Banga! Banga!’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again